Old October 2nd 09, 07:21 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil  Williams is offline

Default Five new London Midland trains to carry 1,600 extra passengersfrom Watford and Bushey to london Euston from December

On Oct 1, 7:55*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

When this first came up (Neil Williams mentioned it way back IIRC) it was
anticipated to be a relatively large number (was it 7?) of pure Watford -
Euston shuttles.

Indeed. And that is what is needed - to do otherwise is to either run
fresh air north of Watford or have serious overcrowding south thereof.

"SX Southbound
New services: 0633 Bletchley – Euston

Suspect that is a positioning move in service - units are still stored
at Bletchley overnight even though it is no longer a maintenance
depot.

0832 Bletchley – Euston starts Tring 0848

That won't be popular. That one is a favourite "backup train" when
things go wrong north of Bletchley, and it's also popular as a
Bletchley starter. I used it a number of times. However...

New services: 1728 Euston – Watford Junction, 1820 Euston – Milton Keynes

That, OTOH, *will* be popular - the latter appears that it exists to
relieve the chronic overcrowding on the 1824 since it got extended to
Crewe. Though I can't help but think an additional 4 cars on that
service would have been a better option.

Alterations to existing services: 1804 Euston – Milton Keynes extended to
Northampton

That will also help the problem of the 1824.

Neil