Old October 2nd 09, 03:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Can I buy a ticket from a LU station (Leyton) through to Gatwick airport?

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 06:33:13PM +0100, Peter Smyth wrote:
"David Cantrell" wrote in message
k...
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:54:35PM +0100, David A Stocks wrote:
You can combine a travelcard with a boundary zone ticket (with a
choice of
routing options that include 'any permitted'). This should even work
with a
day travelcard without the requirement for the train to call at a
boundary
zone station (e.g. Gatwock Express) because boundary zone tix are
considered
to be zonal tix.

The Gatwick and Heathrow expresses are exceptions to this rule.

This is wrong. There are two separate tickets from Boundary Zone 6 to
Gatwick Airport, one rte NOT GATWICK EXP and one rte ANY PERMITTED. As
long as you buy the any permitted ticket you can use it on the Gatwick
Express with a Travelcard.

Interesting, thanks. I wonder when it changed then, cos last time I
tried to buy such a ticket, I couldn't.

Oh, wait, I wanted boundary zone *4* to Gatwick, is it only available
from 6?

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

Irregular English:
ladies glow; gentlemen perspire; brutes, oafs and athletes sweat