Old October 2nd 09, 11:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default City Thameslink overhead wires

In message
..com of Fri, 2 Oct 2009 13:00:30 in uk.transport.london, E27002
writes
On Oct 2, 12:41*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Andy wrote:
On Oct 2, 7:43 pm, martin j wrote:

[snip]

Source:http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/pi/th...ingstock/itt/s
pecific...

The original URL got truncated here so a 404 results when one attempts
to follow it.

Section 2.4.3 onward refers

I imagine the plan to detrain at City T/L in both directions is because it
has significantly more room (than Farringdon) to deal with the pax from a 12
car train?

After TL 20nn, one would hope that Farringdon will have considerably
more passenger handling capability. Is there not going to be another
entrance/exit?

There is already a new, low capacity entrance/exit in Turnmill Street.
FWIR, it is open M-F 07.00-10.00 and 15.30-18.30. Signage restrict it to
the peak flow direction. At first, I obeyed those signs; nothing seems
to exist to enforce them any more than "no exit except in emergency".
There is no gateline; there is a PAYG validator.
Do you refer to that access or something to be provided in future?

No relevant info is in
Source:http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/pi/th...ingstock/itt/s
pecific...

I trust a working URL follows:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/pi/th...itt/specificat
ion.pdf
Now I look at the title, it ia not surprising.
--
Walter Briscoe