Old October 3rd 09, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Jonathan Morton[_2_] Jonathan Morton[_2_] is offline

Default City Thameslink overhead wires

"Mr Thant" wrote in message
On 3 Oct, 13:57, D7666 wrote:
I'm not sure where I got this from, but I think this exit is currently
really an emrgency entry/exit that finds temporary double use as a
peaks-only entry/exit; a permanent entry/exit is AIUI somewhere there,
maybe even the same location, but rebuilt, altered, whatever.

I think it was always intended as a crowding-relief exit.

There's going to be a new "Turnmill Street concourse", which amounts
to a new corridor connecting the current ticket office to the
interchange footbridge via the east side of the station, filling in
the gap between the station and the road. There will also be a
permanent new entrance, in exactly the same place as the temporary
one.

The interchange footbridge is permanent, although it will have its
canvas canopies removed once they extend the overall roof.

There's something on this in the October issue of Modern Railways.

Regards

Jonathan