Old October 4th 09, 03:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Five new London Midland trains to carry 1,600 extra passengersfrom Watford and Bushey to london Euston from December

On Oct 4, 2:53*pm, london_north wrote:
Wonder how many people would alight at Queens Park if LM stopped some
services there? *If I was headed for Oxford Circus I'd prefer to
change at Queens Park rather than Euston, and would be much better for
people headed for say the Paddington or Charing Cross areas.

Supposedly there isn't capacity to do this, due to the large number of
'extra' trains now running on the slow lines, even at weekends. The
mainline platforms at Queen's Park are used by a couple of early
morning / late evening trains though (this isn't advertised in the
timetable due to possible engineering work, but the stops are shown on
the Live Departure Boards). They are also occasionally used when the
DC lines have engineering work and all four mainline tracks are
available from Euston.