Old October 10th 09, 05:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
Alan[_4_] Alan[_4_] is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 15:19:33 on Sat, 10
Oct 2009, Adrian remarked:
The posh purple-FTR shuttle bus to the airport was replaced by a red
Citaro, all liveried-up so not a temporary thing. Had the vanity plate
'T5 FCC' disguising its age - but it was clearly not new. Ex-Boris,
maybe?

Googling the plate brings this up from a "bus spotter" site dated Aug
09:
"With the Wright Streetcars transferred to Swansea their place
on the Luton Parkway to Airport service has been taken by
Mercedes-Benz Citaro bendibuses from the Aircoach fleet at
Dublin Airport. Two were in operation in late June T3 FCC ex
02-D-74688 and T5 FCC ex 02-D-76812. The third of the batch
remains to be delivered."

I wonder if they'll be reducing the (zero before FCC arrived) fare, now
the main excuse (the FTRs) has disappeared in a puff of boiled frogs?
--

There was definitely an FTR atrocity there last Friday - I couldn't get on
because (as usual) it was jammed full. The red Citaro came in just as the

Agree about the comments about the up escalator - there was no sign of any
work being done to sort it last week & it seems nothing's changed.