Old October 11th 09, 01:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

In message , at 11:38:48 on Sun, 11
Oct 2009, Ian F. remarked:
Never fly budget airlines. Pay the premium and just go on a normal
airline. In many cases it doesn't work out to be much more.

And it many cases it can be much less.

You'll have to quote a few examples, because I've been flying round
Europe at least once a month for the last three or four years, and
I think I've only seen it once (a late evening Brussels-Heathrow with BA
that came in at 26 Euros plus 56 Euro tax (~£70); not that Brussels is
overwhelmed with Budget carriers).

The (triangular) trip I've just come back from was booked a month in
advance, London(Luton)-Geneva-Lisbon-London for a very typical £148 all
inclusive of one hold bag. And every flight was chosen for convenience
not price (and all were, on the day, completely full - that BA Brussels
flight had about ten pax on it!)