Old December 30th 03, 07:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,misc.transport.rail.europe,uk.transport.london
Rian van der Borgt Rian van der Borgt is offline

Default HELP purchasing Eurostar tickets off Friends

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 08:39:10 -0000, Phil Richards wrote:
On 30 Dec 2003 00:40:28 GMT Rian van der Borgt
said...
And this is of course only possible when there's a name on the ticket.
Tickets sold in for example Belgium don't mention any name.

What about bookings made by telephone or internet?

No idea, I haven't used that yet.

Those bookings would
be linked to a name on the booking system but I suppose there is no need
for the name to appear on the actual ticket (but see below).

[...]

Of course the advantage of having a name on all Eurostar tickets is to be
able to retrieve the booking if tickets are lost. Eurostar's conditions
of carriage allow lost or stolen tickets to be duplicated providing the
original booking reference can be found.

When you book over the NMBS website, you do get a reference code if you
choose to pick up your ticket at the station (at the ticket window or
machine). This should be enough, I guess. Or the (unique) code on the
ticket.

Regards,

Rian

--