Old October 11th 09, 06:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

On Oct 11, 4:13*pm, Roland Perry wrote:

I thought it became chargeable when the airport lost interest in
providing it themselves, so FCC said they'd take it on if they could
charge to cover costs?

The airport used bone-shakers, but I doubt they could get away with
providing no service for this essential link.

It was not a case of FCC taking it on an charge a fee. The LTN/LAP bus
link has been TOC responsibility for some time ... even when it ran
from Luton in the pre-LAP days. Before FCC it was certainly embedded
in the GoVia franchise. I have not looked it up, but I am 99% sure it
is part of FCC franchise.

So if right, FCC did not ''take it on'' from the airport, they merely
put an ''improvement'' in that part of its commitment - new [awful]
buses and charge a fee.

--
Nick