Old October 11th 09, 09:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

MC wrote:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 11:38:48 on Sun, 11
Oct 2009, Ian F. remarked:
Never fly budget airlines. Pay the premium and just go on a normal
airline. In many cases it doesn't work out to be much more.
And it many cases it can be much less.

You'll have to quote a few examples, because I've been flying round Europe
at least once a month for the last three or four years, and
I think I've only seen it once (a late evening Brussels-Heathrow with BA
that came in at 26 Euros plus 56 Euro tax (~£70); not that Brussels is
overwhelmed with Budget carriers).

I recently flew by:

BA to Inverness around £20 cheaper than EJ all in.

BA to Budapest around £40 cheaper that EJ all in.

BA to Naples £20 cheaper than EJ all in.

I always try and avoid budget airlines if I can help it as they are not
always cheaper and they cut too many corners. I still believe flying should
be a comfortable form of transport, after all it can be quite stressful. It
certainly should not be like a bus service. More often than not I only have
to pay a few quid more, if not less, for an experience that is less
stressful, and thus a lot more enjoyable, on a full service carrier.

MC

Same here. I also find getting to Heathrow a lot easier than Stansted or
Luton, for example.