Old October 11th 09, 09:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

Roland Perry wrote:
In message .com, at
15:32:59 on Sun, 11 Oct 2009, MC remarked:
I recently flew by:

BA to Inverness around £20 cheaper than EJ all in.

BA to Budapest around £40 cheaper that EJ all in.

BA to Naples £20 cheaper than EJ all in.

Originating where? Heathrow perhaps. BA have pretty much abandoned
regional airports. If BA are flying those routes for the same-ish price
as a low-cost booked the same amount in advance, then it's good news for
people who can get to Heathrow.

But note that BA will now be charging for seat assignments, and
reportedly have scrapped food on short-haul.

That's for well in advance, rather than the usual 24 hours.

So becoming more like a
budget airline.

I somehow doubt that, although I've heard that Air Lingus is becoming
more and more like a budget airline.

And I know that classic carriers can't compete on price with the budget
airlines in "many cases" (rather than a few), nor is £20 "much cheaper".

Still prefer classic airlines. At least theior cabin staff don't behave
like on the budget airlines.