Old October 11th 09, 09:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

In message , at 22:06:42 on Sun, 11
Oct 2009, " remarked:
You'll have to quote a few examples, because I've been flying round
Europe at least once a month for the last three or four years, and
I think I've only seen it once (a late evening Brussels-Heathrow with
BA that came in at 26 Euros plus 56 Euro tax (~£70); not that
Brussels is overwhelmed with Budget carriers).

I'd just take the train.

I normally take the train (I am this week...) but in this instance the
plane was much cheaper. And being later in the evening, starting from a
meeting quite close to the airport, it was the more sensible choice. I
was staying overnight in London.