Old October 11th 09, 09:33 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default First train tested on East London Line

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 11:53:21 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Mr G" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 22:21:11 +0100, Subterraneo
wrote:

Interesting that the rebuilt Dalston Junction station is now underground.
That's to allow for a bus interchange above.

I think there is definitley a bus interchange in there somewhere, but the
vast majority of the slab is to support a high rise development of some
sort, even if it might be somewhat delayed due to the downturn.

Correct - there most certainly is a bus interchange. It's why they've
knocked a hole through some old shops to create an opening into
Kingsland Road to allow some of the local routes in and out. There is
also an over station development of shops plus housing. Given the
intensity of bus services plus a decent Overground service (once all up
and running) it'll be a well connected place to live.

I haven't yet seen the related set of bus changes for when Overground
opens through here except that the 488 is to be extended from Clapton
via Shacklewell / Stoke Newington to Dalston Junction. This provides a
bus service to an area that is slightly remote from the bus network.

Whta's up with HIghbury Corner, BTW? Are they going to rework that area?
I remember reading that such plans exist, and so I was wondering if that
is that will be the case when they close Gospel Oak-Stratford in January.