Old October 12th 09, 09:45 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

"MC" wrote in message
ster.com
"rail" wrote in message

Using Heathrow is much more hassle than anything a low cost airline
can throw at me.

T5 is actually pleasant to use, which is more than one can say about
Luton.
However I appreciate getting there from Nottingham is not the best
journery in the world.

T1 is also not too bad (a little busy at times) but I have found it
OK. As is T4. Never had the privilege to use T2 but T3 is the pits.
Really, the pits.

You probably won't have an opportunity to use T2, as it will be
demolished shortly. But it had the shortest walks of any LHR terminal,
as it's the smallest (and most claustrophobic). It was shabby and
run-down towards the end, and few will be sad to see it gone.

The new T1 gates can have some very long walks, more than any other LHR
terminal, and it's destined to be a building site for the next few
years. T3 has been greatly improved over the last few years, but still
suffers from long immigration queues at busy times, even in the EU
lines. The T4 extension gates (eg, 25) are a very long walk, almost as
much as anything in T1 or T3.

But if travelling by Tube or Heathrow Express, T5 is by far the best LHR
terminal (last week, it took me just ten minutes from the Piccadilly
Line train, up to departures, through security, to my armchair in the BA
north lounge). It also has shorter walks airside than the older large
terminals.