Old October 12th 09, 02:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
Fat richard Fat richard is offline

Default Cops caught in free first class rail rap.

On 12 Oct, 14:23, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
05:36:46 on Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Chris
remarked:

THe TOCs 'agreed' if they were in uniform and willing
to act if necessary.

That's wrong, so maybe the rest of what you say is also wrong (a
Detective Chief Superintendent of my acquaintance explained the system
to me, as we bumped into one another on the tube one day).

From my experience, the "in uniform" part is not adhered to at all and
never has been. Not sure what the official line really is, but when I
used to commute from Biggleswade a few years back there were two Met
guys that travelled home on the 22.21 / 23.21 off of the Cross who
were never in uniform, but, to their credit chipped in with anti
social behavour issues on a few occasions and ejected people at
Arlesey, which I believe to be a bigger punishment than a penalty
fare.

Fat Richard