Old October 13th 09, 12:11 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default Heads up - Panorama tonight, BBC1 8.30pm

MIG wrote:
On 12 Oct, 23:05, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
13:07:28 on Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Hobo Humpin' Slobo Babe
remarked:

...there was nothing new or interesting in the programme

It lost credibility for me when they appeared to claim that Electron
cards were not available in the UK. Later they interviewed a lad who had
made several £5 all-inclusive trips, paying by Electron!

I think they said that UK banks don't issue them (whatever they are).

Electron is basically Visa's equivalent of Solo, requiring fully online
processing and funds to be available in your account to back the
transaction.

Most of the UK banks are now issuing Visa Debit cards with no cheque
guarantee instead of Electron, however. (And, as an aside, the banks
that created Switch are now switching to issuing Visa Debit cards).

Cheers,

Barry