Old October 13th 09, 08:28 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heads up - Panorama tonight, BBC1 8.30pm

In message , at 08:48:26 on Tue, 13
Oct 2009, Buddenbrooks remarked:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
It lost credibility for me when they appeared to claim that Electron
cards were not available in the UK.

No, they actually said an Electron Credit card was not available in the UK.

On one hand it's very common the refer to all cards (debit, credit and
charge) as "Credit Cards".

On the other hand they were going out of their way to rubbish the
"Electron" option, on the grounds that the cards(sic) were unavailable
and it was therefore cynical for Ryanair to 'pretend' this was a viable
payment method.

However it would have been more accurate to state that the debit
version is and name the banks that issue it.

Cockup or conspiracy?

I think everyone is imagining what the world was like pre-budget
airlines. My first pay myself flight was Heathrow to Miami off season
in the 70s with BA.

They had some footage of "old fashioned jet set".

The flight within Europe is so short that it is the public transport
and airport facilities that dominate the experience. You would be
better off paying to use a private lounge than extra for the flight.

Yep. I'm going to Brussels on Eurostar later today. I've saved more than
£50 by going "economy" rather than "Leisure select" [you don't even want
to know how much full FC costs]. I'll spend the £50 on something better
than an airline meal en-route.