Old October 13th 09, 11:43 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heads up - Panorama tonight, BBC1 8.30pm

In message , at
09:05:09 on Tue, 13 Oct 2009, pete remarked:
This is something that continually amazes me. That pax feel the need
to eat while flying - even though most flights to holiday destinations
are only 3 - 4 hours max (Spain even less from the S of Eng.) AND they've
just spent an hour or two at departures - with not much to do there except
eat and drink, too.

And the bloke going on holiday to Portugal (I think it was) who
"obviously" was needing to check in 6-8 suitcases at Stansted[1]. I
don't necessarily agree with the road-warriors who spend all week in the
same t-shirt and travel carry-on only; but surely one suitcase each
should be enough for a week's holiday?

[1] I'm pretty sure this programme was triggered by a one-off fiasco
there a couple of months ago when their check-in agents failed to
provide enough staff.