Old October 13th 09, 01:24 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heads up - Panorama tonight, BBC1 8.30pm

In message , at 14:06:20 on
Tue, 13 Oct 2009, William Black remarked:

And we don't all spend "an hour or two" in departures, especially
for a 6.30am flight.

How do you manage not to?

For a 6am/6pm flight, using an airport where (touch wood), arriving an
hour before departure having checked in online, is enough to clear the
security queue and get to the gate on time.

And there re a number of airports who now allow you the buy "fast track"
for about £3 - which is an insidious thin-ended wedge, but at least it
works if you are prepared to appease them by buying it.

Check-in time these days is a lot longer than it was because of
security constraints.

If I'm leaving mid-afternoon from EMA, the place is deserted, and you
can even check in at a desk, drop a bag, do security, all in ten
minutes. It used to be like that all day long at BHX T2, but I
understand things have change now that Ryanair are filling it with pax.
But the classic carriers have gone back to T1 now.