Old October 13th 09, 07:18 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heads up - Panorama tonight, BBC1 8.30pm

In message , at 17:27:51
on Tue, 13 Oct 2009, bartc remarked:
Getting earlier to the airport doesn't help when your flight is at
6.30am, as most of mine seem to be, as you probably don't normally have
breakfast in the middle of the night,

That's a good point.

and the outlets will be shut anyway.

Not in the UK, but when I was in Geneva last week they were only just
opening the food joints as the first flights of the day were departing.
The other shops were firmly shut (but they also shut well before the
last flights leave).

If you've spent an hour or two with nothing to do, then you've been lucky! I
haven't had that luxury for years.

It only happens on transfers - I have 4hrs at CDG later this month. Oh
joy.

With a busy time at the other end with baggage, taxis, traffic, all the
hustle and bustle, the couple of hours in the air is an ideal time for
eating and drinking, or would be if food and drinks were good quality
and reasonably priced.

It's all the same quality you'll get at an average Starbucks/Costa/
Nero/Pret on the High Street.