Old October 13th 09, 08:35 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Heads up - Panorama tonight, BBC1 8.30pm

On 13 Oct, 17:05, "Stephen O'Connell" wrote:
pete wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:48:26 +0100, Buddenbrooks wrote:

I dont live near London or Manchester and the budget airlines now
offer choice from regional airports more convenient to those living
away from the two rational hubs.

The flight within Europe is so short that it is the public transport
and airport facilities that dominate the experience. You would be
better off paying to use a private lounge than extra for the flight.

The other thing I got from the programme was that ryanair came in at
number 33 out of 42 in a customer satisfaction survey. I want to know
which airlines are worse - so I can avoid _them_!

**** customer satisfaction surveys! What do they want, a free cigar,
newspaper and a hand job from the stewardess? It's about flying as cheaply
as possible. Generally in life, you get what you pay for. The public amaze
me with their expectations. They'll pay a fiver for a flight and then
expect to be treated like Royalty!

No they don't. No one is insane enough to expect anything so
ridiculous, and that has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone's
complaints.

Are you Michael O'Leary?

The objections to Ryanair (despite the BBC's publicity for them in
that feeble Panorama) are that they tempt vulnerable people into
situations that end up costing them a lot. That's their standard
business model. One might claim that it's the standard capitalist
business model, but that doesn't make it acceptable, and not all
businesses take it that far.

No doubt the seedy strip joint in Soho where the bouncers tell you
that the unpriced drinks you've been ordered were £100 each and you
better hand over your credit card is also following good business
practice. But it's kind of your own fault for going in there. Should
one expect it when using public transport? Apparently so on Ryanair
and Virgin Trains.

No one should object to paying a low price and getting something basic
and, as far as I am aware, no one does. But they do object to getting
mugged.