Old October 13th 09, 09:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 21:19:24 on
Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Paul Corfield remarked:

I travel on buses all the time and they're fine for their job

So do I - and they get a bad image. Having spent a week in Geneva, you'd
be surprised at the number of oytsiders prepared to pay £20 for a taxi
ride that was slower than a very acceptable [free] bus. Although some of
that is probably the worry of having to understand announcements
exclusively in French abut where to get off

And despite their widespread reputation for efficiency my 5.30am bus to
the airport was ten minutes late (and the roads deserted of course, so
no excuse there).

It could just be a Geneva thing - last time I went there our bus hit a
parked car.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK