Old October 14th 09, 07:40 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
MatSav MatSav is offline

Default Cops caught in free first class rail rap.

"Charles Ellson" wrote in message
On 13 Oct 2009 15:43:48 GMT, "Michael R N Dolbear"

wrote:

MatSav matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot |
com
wrote

As I understand it, a police constable is never "off duty" -

Not so. snip a useful explanation

WRT stopping motor vehicles, motorists recognising a warrant
card
waved at them are not necessarily regarding it as a lawful
instruction
to stop etc. so much as a request for assistance.

Thanks - it would seem you are much better informed than I was. I
consider myself corrected.

--
MatSav