Old October 14th 09, 08:57 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heads up - Panorama tonight, BBC1 8.30pm

In message
, at
15:10:22 on Tue, 13 Oct 2009, MIG
remarked:
The objections to Ryanair (despite the BBC's publicity for them in
that feeble Panorama) are that they tempt vulnerable people into
situations that end up costing them a lot.

Eh? Like getting on the wrong train by mistake and being charged a "full
anytime fare - no railcard discounts" ? *[EMT announcement of their
standard policy, earlier today]

Rules is only one aspect of it, but in their case it's constantly
changing rules that have no other purpose than to catch people out.

I agree that the rules have changed recently, but were people unaware of
this when booking? Another rule that's changed is the "advance
passenger" information required by the e-borders scheme. At least two
other airlines are threatening to charge a "fine" if you fail to fill it
in before leaving home.

No one should object to paying a low price and getting something basic
and, as far as I am aware, no one does. But they do object to getting
mugged.

Give an example of Ryanair mugging.

There are loads, but no doubt it's all "chattering".

I saw a headline in the trade press yesterday: "Panorama fails to
'expose' Ryanair" which just about sums it up.