Old October 14th 09, 08:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default First train tested on East London Line

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009, Paul Corfield wrote:

I haven't yet seen the related set of bus changes for when Overground
opens through here except that the 488 is to be extended from Clapton
via Shacklewell / Stoke Newington to Dalston Junction. This provides a
bus service to an area that is slightly remote from the bus network.

Ah, Shacklewell. I've always thought that was a rather fascinating area,
and not just because of the prostitutes - it's sort of an island, or a
eddy, isolated and quiet. Reminds me a bit of Somers Town.

tom

--
PS I am trying to stab a giant warthog in the arse but it keeps throwing
me off a bridge -- Martin Lewis