Old October 15th 09, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Evening Standard no longer on trains

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 00:09:30 -0700 (PDT), plcd1 wrote:

I have seen very few papers being left on trains and very few people
reading them. Previously, when the Londonpaper was alive, most people
would have one of those and / or a Lite. I think I've seen one Lite
this week and very few Standards. It may get worse later than when I
usually travel but previously loads of papers would be left on the
trains when I alighted - not anymore.

As soon as thelondonpaper closed, there was a big drop in the
distribution effort of the Lite (the Lite distributors started
knocking off at 6:30pm instead of 7:15pm, meaning I usually no longer
got one).