Old October 15th 09, 06:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:27:56 +0100, "MC" wrote:

There seems to be no
incentive to volunteer being bumped on a budget airline though.

Budget airlines don't overbook to the same extent, because you don't
have the issue of fully-flexible tickets where you might not know a
particular passenger has decided to take the next flight until they
don't turn up.

Indeed, I only ever heard of anyone being bumped on EZY once, and it
was due to a faulty seat on a completely full flight. In that case,
speedy boarding or an A-group boarding card was the way to avoid it,
apparently.

In the case of KLM, the way to avoid it (e.g. on the Friday 3pm-ish
flight to Brum which was *always* overbooked) always used to be online
checkin. Never got bumped once, though I did volunteer on one
occasion (but got on the flight as there were too many volunteers on
that occasion). I recall a member of check-in staff pretty much
confirming this on one occasion.

Neil

--
Neil Williams