Old October 15th 09, 06:45 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heads up - Panorama tonight, BBC1 8.30pm

In message , at 18:28:37 on Thu,
15 Oct 2009, Neil Williams remarked:
Other outfits charge "booking fees" and/or "Credit Card fees". Why do
cinemas charge *more* for you to buy online and pick up at the cinema,
than if you buy in person? Now that's what I call a surprise.

I have always wondered why they did that. I've never gone to the
cinema and been turned away because it was full (this pretty much only
happens in the first few days of a major film). So why bother
booking?

To avoid standing in a long queue to pay.

Also, I almost always only go to see major films when they are first
released. The other films aren't worth seeing, and if you've missed them
when first launched in the cinema, you might as well wait until they are
in Blockbuster.