Old October 15th 09, 10:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
David E Newton[_2_] David E Newton[_2_] is offline

Default Cheapest rail + tube season ticket option question

Basil Jet wrote:
David E Newton wrote:
We're about to move back into London from Hertfordshire and my gf
will need to commute from Walthamstow to Ware. This would be going
on the tube from Walthamstow to Tottenham Hale and then on the
National Express Hertford East line to Ware.

Season tickets are based on the cost of five day returns for people
commuting *towards* London... if you are commuting *away* from London, day
returns should be cheaper. I'd imagine that a tube season for Zone 3 and day
returns from Tottenham Hale to Ware may be the cheapest option.

£8.50 * 22 = £187 + £44 PAYG = £231 is still lots more than the cheapest
(but weird) combination I found above