Old October 15th 09, 10:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Basil Jet Basil Jet is offline

Default Cheapest rail + tube season ticket option question

David E Newton wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
David E Newton wrote:
We're about to move back into London from Hertfordshire and my gf
will need to commute from Walthamstow to Ware. This would be going
on the tube from Walthamstow to Tottenham Hale and then on the
National Express Hertford East line to Ware.

Season tickets are based on the cost of five day returns for people
commuting *towards* London... if you are commuting *away* from
London, day returns should be cheaper. I'd imagine that a tube
season for Zone 3 and day returns from Tottenham Hale to Ware may be
the cheapest option.

£8.50 * 22 = £187 + £44 PAYG = £231 is still lots more than the
cheapest (but weird) combination I found above

Okay, sorry, I don't know which site you're using so can't check my
suggestions.
I think you should also check
* Travelcard season 3-5 + day returns Brimsdown to Ware
* Travelcard season 3-5 + day returns Brimsdown to Hertford East.

I have a suspicion that using these tickets require that the train stops at
Brimsdown, but she is unlikely to have to actually take her bum off the
seat. The trains will be nearly empty anyway, if my experience of commuting
out to Hertford *North* some years ago is anything to go by.