Old October 16th 09, 12:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Cops caught in free first class rail rap.

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 00:05:09 +0100, WZR wrote:

Coming to this one rather late I know, but it seems no-one has yet commented
on the apparant irony of a paying member of the public holding a Standard
Class ticket being arrested, charged, and fined for merely standing on the
edge of First Class, whilst here we have hofficers of the law blatantly
misusing a *free* travel facility by taking up First Class seats, and the
matter is being dealt with internally as a case of 'misconduct'.

That's because the general public is subject to the law, but many of
those who implement it believe they are above the law.

Anyone else care to hazard a guess as to why they haven't been arrested and
charged with the same offence as Ms Myhill (see 'Commuter fined £69 for
standing in first class' in uk.r for those who haven't already read it)?

Because they shake hands the right way? Who on earth is going to
prosecute them?