Old October 16th 09, 01:25 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
bartc bartc is offline

Default Heads up - Panorama tonight, BBC1 8.30pm

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:09:15 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

Their charges aren't lies. They are very well documented.

All in one place, clearly linked to from the front page, at that.

It took me a while to find the link from the home page.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES

It's not stated whether that £5 check-in charge is per return flight or each
way. And it doesn't mention that £40 penalty for re-issue of boarding card
either (and whether it's on top of the £5/£10 you may have already paid, and
whether the £40 is each way)

(The charges have also increased tremendously in last few years. In 2004,
the charges on top of a £0.00 return fare to Europe, with baggage, were £25
taxes plus I think some £4 debit card charges, total £29.

Now, it would be £50 taxes, plus £30 baggage, plus £10 check-in, plus £10
credit-card, some £100 (and a minimum of £60 without optional items)

If you wanted to take a bike with you (which I did often), the 2004 total
would have been £59. The 2009 total would be £180. For £80 extra you might
as well buy one at the destination then dump it before coming back.

Of course you have to add the actual 'fares' to these figures. A 'surcharge'
would be a better name.)

--
bartc