Old October 16th 09, 01:45 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Heads up - Panorama tonight, BBC1 8.30pm

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:25:48 GMT, "bartc" wrote:

It's not stated whether that £5 check-in charge is per return flight or each
way.

As Ryanair sells only single tickets (and as it's Ryanair), I would
assume the latter.

And it doesn't mention that £40 penalty for re-issue of boarding card
either (and whether it's on top of the £5/£10 you may have already paid, and
whether the £40 is each way)

I assume it's on top, again it being Ryanair. The £40 is mentioned -
it's in the right-hand column.

(The charges have also increased tremendously in last few years. In 2004,
the charges on top of a £0.00 return fare to Europe, with baggage, were £25
taxes plus I think some £4 debit card charges, total £29.

Now, it would be £50 taxes, plus £30 baggage, plus £10 check-in, plus £10
credit-card, some £100 (and a minimum of £60 without optional items)

That is indeed true. But, however unsavoury you find this, it's not
exactly hidden.

IOW, there are many things wrong with Ryanair, though when I've used
them they've been fine. But "hidden charges" is, IMO, not a fair
allegation. They aren't hidden at all.

Neil

--
Neil Williams