Old October 16th 09, 02:21 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
bartc bartc is offline

Default Heads up - Panorama tonight, BBC1 8.30pm

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:25:48 GMT, "bartc" wrote:

It's not stated whether that £5 check-in charge is per return flight or
each
way.

As Ryanair sells only single tickets (and as it's Ryanair), I would
assume the latter.

The name change however is per passenger, so per return flight (or for each
of two single flights...)

And it doesn't mention that £40 penalty for re-issue of boarding card
either (and whether it's on top of the £5/£10 you may have already paid,
and
whether the £40 is each way)

I assume it's on top, again it being Ryanair. The £40 is mentioned -
it's in the right-hand column.

OK, seen it now. But this sort of proves something: I was actually looking
for it and didn't see it! Somebody quickly glancing over these fees wouldn't
even know the significance of that item until it happens that they need to
pay it...

(The charges have also increased tremendously in last few years. In 2004,

[by some 200%...]

That is indeed true. But, however unsavoury you find this, it's not
exactly hidden.

IOW, there are many things wrong with Ryanair, though when I've used
them they've been fine. But "hidden charges" is, IMO, not a fair
allegation. They aren't hidden at all.

They are not hidden, but even so many would only be in the back of most
passengers' minds, until circumstances dictate a change of plans, then they
find out how the charges mount up.

--
bartc