Old October 16th 09, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Fares go up

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:17:04 -0700 (PDT)
MIG wrote:
You might want to revisit your history. Cromwell was a religious fundamen=

talist
, money didn't come into it, and his New Model Army were little more than=

17th century taliban. All the civil war did was replace one dictator with
another equally as bad. But then that sums up world history up until rece=

ntly.

B2003

I don't think his religion had much to do with the support he had from
those who wanted to be free to exploit whatever they could without
government (aristocratic) restriction. Religious labels are handy,
but don't generally describe the roots of the conflict.

Most dictators start with popular support as they oppose the incumbent
regime. Its only when they get in their true colours show. I doubt the same
populace that supported him were quite so happy when the statues in their
churches were smashed up and christmas and various other holy day celebrations
were banned by his cronies in parliament.

B2003