Old October 17th 09, 08:09 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
Jeremy Double Jeremy Double is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 23:11:52 on Fri,
16 Oct 2009, Neil Williams remarked:
I've also been on flyBE. I don't think that I'll be doing that anytime
again soon.

The ex-BA "Barbie jets" are very nice, but operationally they're
atrocious, and they aren't even all that cheap.

I'm a bit confused here. It seems they don't run any ERJ145's any more,
and their E-195's were bought for FlyBe (not inherited from BA). Which
planes did you have in mind?

FlyBe inherited a lot of Embraer ERJ145 jets when they took over the BA
Connect routes. However, they have now disposed of these and run the
ex-BA Connect routes with other planes. bmi seem to have bought at
least some of the ERJ145 jets.

For instance, I understand that FlyBe now operate the MAN-FRA route with
Dash-8 turboprops: formerly this route was operated by ERJ145 jets. I
don't have personal experience of this: I prefer to use the Lufthansa
alternative.
--
Jeremy Double {real address, include nospam}
Rail and transport photos at