Old October 17th 09, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Touching in on DLR replacement buses

On 17 Oct, 23:31, asdf wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:16:13 -0700 (PDT), Chris wrote:
Quick question - I'm planning on going to Stratford today, from
Deptford Bridge, on the DLR. So I'll be going to Island Gardens on the
DLR, then the replacement bus to Canary Wharf, then onwards on the
DLR. So, where do I touch (I'm pre-paying)?

Obviously in at Deptford Bridge, and out at Stratford, but do I need
to touch out at Island Gardens, then in at Canary Wharf? Will it treat
that as two separate journeys, or will it be intelligent enough to
know and just charge me for one?

I'd ring TfL to check, but personally, I'd just touch in at the start
and the end, but not in between, just as if the bustitution wasn't in
place.

I think in this sort of situation they'd generally set up Island
Gardens and Canary Wharf as an out-of-station interchange, so you'd
only get charged the once.

However, as there are (presumably) no barriers, there's no need to
take the chance, so I'd just do what the PP said. There doesn't seem
to be any disadvantage, as you wouldn't be without a valid ticket at
any point.

I guess the main thing would be to avoid touching at one but not the
other.