Old October 18th 09, 08:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default "Sling him under a train"

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 13:38:38 +0100, David Hansen
wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 00:52:16 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be MIG
wrote this:-

Don't get me wrong; I am apalled by the behaviour of some railway
staff (LU and NR) and have been on the end of the "being abusive"
claims just for disagreeing with them (when they are wrong).

I was one accused of being abusive, despite the fact that I was the
one who was struck on the face by spittle. The member of staff did
not spit at me, but while he was nearly screaming at me some spittle
did emerge from his mouth and strike me on the face. Railway
management should sort these bad adverts for the railways out with
the help of Mr P45.

But are the management any better? The railway is notorious for
employing large numbers of ignorant people, often with a poor
educational background and lacking in customer service skills.

Such deficiencies are almost certainly not limited to the lower grades
of staff employed on the railway.