Old October 18th 09, 11:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Greenford

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 09:46:30 +0100, Walter Briscoe wrote:

I visited this outer London station on Tuesday - before Boris's fares
and improvement budget announcement on Thursday.

I was surprised to see a wood-slatted up escalator. I would have thought
all these have gone since the King's Cross fire.

Hoarding hid the down escalator. The Station Supervisor told me a lift
was being put in for step-free access.

I've only been there a couple of times, but I don't remember there
being a down escalator - wasn't there only ever one escalator there?