Old October 24th 09, 08:43 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
Buddenbrooks Buddenbrooks is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

"Mr G" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 22:36:40 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:
. They do
have a 'premium' fare class, which probably equates to full service.

I don't like paying significant money for service I don't get. I am short
fat bald fly badly dressed and have little 'presence' the net result is that
I tend to be ignored or dealt with last
in Business Class. So I prefer to save the BC premium and spend it
enhancing the journey by paying at the time, rather than up front and hope
to get the service.

For instance most airlines have a 'by invitation' to use lounge,while if you
pay a fee for a general lounge, you will get it.

It is the same reason I don't belong to the RACE recovery service, they
openly state that as I am not a woman I will not be helped until all
unaccompanied women are recovered.
Strangely if I call a garage directly they generally just ask where I am.
The RAC do not offer a second rate service discount to men.

In the end of a day I want to go somewhere for a specific purpose. Cattle
class or FC the flight is still going to be a pain. A decent hotel on
arrival and a nights sleep is more likely to result in mission success than
class of ticket.

From your comments you appear to travel a lot but not live near a suitable
airport, that is a lifestyle decision and not really an airline issue.