Old October 25th 09, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

Paul Corfield wrote:

If you want to see the horror effect of IKEA on public transport try to
get on the 192 bus from Tottenham Hale. It can only use little midibuses
and must rank as one of the most overcrowded routes I know. If only
Angel Road Station was to the south of the North Circular road and
actually had trains stop at it - it would provide very easy access to
IKEA and the huge Tescos at Edmonton. I suspect similar IKEA horrors are
inflicted on Tramlink in south London.

Yes, flat pack boxed are quite common on the trams, though I've not seen
it cause too much trouble (does anyone go to buy furniture at 9am?). I
once saw a mattress from a double bed onboard, which must have taken
some doing.

What it does need is a good walking route from the trams to Ikea, and
also across the main road near Waddon Marsh.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK