Old October 25th 09, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Stephen Furley Stephen Furley is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

On 25 Oct, 19:40, TheOneKEA wrote:

Keep in mind that Kensington Olympia's former up loop can easily be
restored to add additional passing/recess capabilities on the up side
of the WLL. If trains to and from Shepherd's Bush begin to non-stop
Kenny O in favour of West Brompton, this may be very useful when
pathing the service.

Possible maybe, but it doesn't look easy to me. You'd have to
demolish the new platform and re-build the old one. What would you do
with the Southbound service while you were doing that? The present
service couldn't be handled in both directions on just one platform as
it used to be. I'm not certain, but I don't think the full width of
the old platform is still available at the North end (can anybody
confirm this, or otherwise?), so the length of the platform might be
limited.

Given that regular inter-city services, and empty stock Eurostars, are
no more I doubt that you'd want to non-stop Kensington Olympia; there
are still a fair number of events held there, and during some of them
the station gets quite busy.