Old October 26th 09, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian F. Ian F. is offline

Default The little git tube worker fired!

"Adrian" wrote in message

Umm, the article you link to doesn't say he was fired, it says he
resigned voluntarily "for personal reasons".

"[He] has advised London Underground that he wishes to resign for personal
reasons.

"He has informed us he would like to apologise for the incident involving a
passenger at Holborn Tube station on Thursday 15 October and hopes that his
actions have not detracted from the professional job done by hundreds of
London Underground staff every day.

"As we made clear from the moment this incident was brought to our attention
this kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable..."

The phraseology leaves me in very little doubt as to what actually happened!

Ian