Old October 26th 09, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Are droids really that stupid

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

"Paul Cummins" wrote in message
In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

Yes - based on what you've posted. If you could say exactly what the
Travelcard was for then that would just confirm matters. I got the
impression you travelled in from outside the zones - not that it
should make any different whatsoever provided the date and zones were
fine.

ODTC was Winchester - Z123456 Route Woking. It was in date, on a
railcard which I was carrying and showed with the ticket when
required.

The oyster is kept in the same wallet for convenience, behind the
railcard.

I had a query using a similar Network discounted travelcard on
Tramlink a year or so back, without being asked to present my
Oyster card though, which I too keep in the same wallet as my
Network Card.

Got the impression the gripper wasn't familiar with the format at
all. What I had to do was explain how it was a combined 'mainlline
return' + 'all zones travelcard'. Valid in all zones, but then
didn't they used to just read R1256 or Z1256 (haven't got an old
one to hand) - might the numbering system have added to the
confusion at that time?

They still say R1256 Zones, or did in May anyway.

--
Colin Rosenstiel