Old October 26th 09, 11:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Are droids really that stupid

wrote:

Got the impression the gripper wasn't familiar with the format at
all. What I had to do was explain how it was a combined 'mainlline
return' + 'all zones travelcard'. Valid in all zones, but then
didn't they used to just read R1256 or Z1256 (haven't got an old
one to hand) - might the numbering system have added to the
confusion at that time?

They still say R1256 Zones, or did in May anyway.

Ah, [after some delay while searches previous posts] - I see Paul Corfield
reported the T/Cs 'destination' was changing on 6th Sept, from eg 'R1256' to
'London Zones 1-6', aimed at clarification of what it actually meant.

Haven't used one myself yet. Anyone know if the change actually happen as
planned?

Paul S