Old October 26th 09, 04:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
Buddenbrooks Buddenbrooks is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

"William Black" wrote in message
Do you have any idea of the proportion who do?

I can assure you it is very small.

No but when I was a student and after looking to rent property a surprising
% of landlords were soldiers.
My nephew is also doing this.

That however does not indicate how many soldiers do this.

I also work with field engineers who spend most of their time overseas on
expenses who do the same.
Prior to the fad for buy to let of recent years I think a lot of rented
property was bought for future retirement by people who were
not in a position to buy to live in. With high house price inflation not
buying a house while you are working can be risky.