Old October 26th 09, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

Paul Corfield wrote:

If you want to see the horror effect of IKEA on public transport try to
get on the 192 bus from Tottenham Hale. It can only use little midibuses
and must rank as one of the most overcrowded routes I know. If only
Angel Road Station was to the south of the North Circular road and
actually had trains stop at it - it would provide very easy access to
IKEA and the huge Tescos at Edmonton. I suspect similar IKEA horrors are
inflicted on Tramlink in south London.

Perhaps TfL might, in that case, consider recasting the routes around
that area rather than whining about it? While I'm more in favour of
TfL style regulation than a free-for-all, I can't see Stagecoach
showing that kind of "can't be bothered" attitude in the provinces.

Neil

--
Neil Williams