Old October 26th 09, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
asdf asdf is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:37:16 -0700 (PDT), EE507 wrote:

That said, given that said service is mainly about linking the WCML to
the SWML, it could I suppose be extended to 8 then not stop at
Imperial Wharf. * How long is the platform at Shepherd's Bush?

4! Same at West Brompton. I think the assumption has been made that
CLJ 16 and 17 will never be sorted out, so why bother when LOROL will
be a 4-car max railway forever more?

LOROL doesn't use 16/17 at CLJ...

I don't think building 4-car platforms was that big a mistake,
provided passive provision was made for extension to 8-car. Willesden
Junction (HL) is another limiting factor. Better to have 4-car
stations that get built than 8-car stations that don't because they're
too expensive. Once the service is running and demand is proven,
there's more of a case for extending to 8-car.