Old October 27th 09, 05:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:30:24 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

If you listen to the last 30 mins or so of the webcast of the GLA
Transport Committee meeting last week you will see Mr Hendy very
carefully explain that there is no money for bus service expansion and
that cuts at the margin of many routes are due over the next few years.
If there is any improvement to services it will be at the cost of a cut
to something else. While I do not disagree with your basic point - a
double deck route (the 349 would do) sent over part of the 192 route
would do the trick - it simply isn't going to happen in the current
climate.

Yet if loadings are high enough that demand could be being suppressed,
might this not actually be a profitable move? (That's why I compared
with commercial services in the regions).

Neil

--
Neil Williams