Old October 27th 09, 05:35 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
Buddenbrooks Buddenbrooks is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 18:22:48 on Mon, 26
Oct 2009, Buddenbrooks remarked:
I agree that people may feel constrained by family and career
restrictions, but it is a choice to allow those restrictions.

That's one of the most selfish comments I've seen in a long time.

Nonsense, a specific choice may be selfish, the fact of choices is neutral.
It is the well referred to Career/Family balance. Farmers live and work
close to their families, long haul pilots spend the majority of their lives
at work.
Most of us have skills that give us the choice. I have spent quite a lot of
my life living away during the week, I have colleagues who 'refuse' to stay
overnight away from home.
When they have looked for an Engineer to go to the states for 6 weeks my
hand goes up and his doesn't. It does not matter to the company who goes and
it is a free choice.
If you travel a lot for work then it is your choice. Your skills seem to be
sought after so I expect you could find work that does not require regular
overseas travel.